Sony‘s Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V Digital Camera (Black) is an image-making machine that allows your creativity to soar–a high-resolution 16.2MP CMOS sensor brings high speed, high resolution and amazing low-light sensitivity with superb clarity and greatly reduced grain.
The wide-angle 10x zoom lens (25-250mm equivalent in 35mm format) covers a huge range of picture possibilities, from expansive landscapes to telephoto shots of sports and wildlife. Full 1920 x 1080 HD video lets you make stunning movies for viewing on compatible PCs and HDTVs. The bright 3″ LCD monitor (with 921K-dot resolution) makes it easy to compose your shots and check them during playback.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and sensitivity up to 3200 ISO eliminate blurry pictures due to low light conditions. The Superior Auto mode recognizes 33 scenes for photographs and 44 scenes for movies, and supplies the optimal settings for each one of them.
There are plenty of creative effects available too: 3D, 3D Sweep Panorama, Background Defocus (perfect for portraits with a professional look), and many more. For flattering pictures of friends and family, Soft Skin, Smile Shutter, and Anti-Blink modes give you the best pictures time after time. The HX7V even has a built-in compass and GPS!
- 16.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated “Exmor R” CMOS Image Sensor
- The DSC-HX7V features a 16.2 megapixel “Exmor R” CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera’s Sony G lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined “Exmor R” CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast up to 10fps, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.
- Sony G Lens With 10x Optical Zoom
- The Sony 10x optical zoom G lens brings distant subjects super close for great outdoors, sports, and travel photos. The compact size makes it easy to take with you in a pocket, purse, or backpack.
- 3.0″ XtraFine LCD Display
- 3.0″ (920K) XtraFine LCD technology gives you brilliant-quality still images and movies with easy focus.
- AVCHD 1080/60i
- Record movies in Full HD high definition 1080/60i. This provides stunning, smooth motion video with less distortion for playback on Blu-ray Disc players, Sony PlayStation 3 systems and compatible PCs and HDTVs.
- Background Defocus
- DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting the emphasis on your subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background and applies a defocused background keeping the subject crisp and clear.
- 3D Still Image and Panorama
- Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D still image and 3D Sweep Panorama capabilities. Photos will take on a new dimension of creative capabilities for viewing the world in a whole new way.
- High resolution iSweep Panorama Mode
- With high resolution iSweep Panorama mode just press the shutter, pan the landscape and let the camera do the rest. It automatically links together each frame to produce a high resolution panoramic image providing the ability to zoom in on small details. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
- Superior Auto Mode
- Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using backlight correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 33 scenes for still images and 44 scenes for movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
- Backlight Correction HDR
- Don’t miss a single detail in high contrast shots. The built in backlight correction analyzes the image and automatically adjusts accordingly to give you a perfectly lit shot. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking three pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best elements of each into a single image for more natural looking shots.
- GPS and Compass
- An integrated GPS receiver and compass record the location and direction of every shot you take and let you view your images on a map with compatible computer and internet applications, so you can remember where you took your favorite shots.
- Digital Zoom
- Capturing the right shot at the right moment has never been so easy. Digital zoom brings you right close up to the action so you can get that perfect shot, every time.
- Natural Flash
- Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don’t capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Soft Skin Mode
- Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Anti-Blink Function
- It’s frustrating to think you’ve captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- HDMI Output
- The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV). Easily connect your Cyber-shot camera via HDMI cable to any compatible HDMI compatible device to easily enjoy and upload your content.
- TransferJet Technology
- TransferJet technology, developed by Sony and advanced and promoted by a consortium of 18 other companies, allows you to transfer up to ten files between two TransferJet enabled devices just by touching their TransferJet logos together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication of pairing.
- Motion Detection
- Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software Ver. 5.5
- Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (such as Facebook and Sony’s Personal Space site).
- Includes Sony PMB Portable software
- With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable the DSC-HX7V makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software to install.
- Compatible with PC and Mac Systems
- The Full HD video captured with the DSC-HX7V can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software for PC and iMovie (sold separately) for Mac systems.
Optics Lens 10 elements in 7 groups
(35mm equivalent: 25-250mm)
Aperture: f/3.5 (W) – 5.5 (T)
Zoom Optical: 10x
Intelligent Zoom: 12x
Focus Range Wide: 1.97″ (5 cm) – Infinity
Telephoto: 39.37″ (100 cm) – Infinity
Flash Built-in Flash Yes: Auto, Flash On, Off, Slow Sync Effective Flash Range Wide: 1.97 – 188.98″ (0.05 – 4.8 m)
Telephoto: 3.28 – 10.17′ (1.0 – 3.1 m)
Memory Built-in Memory Not Specified By Manufacturer Memory Card Type Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick Pro Duo
Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo
Recording Video Recording Yes, NTSC Video Video Clip Length Up to 29 Minutes Audio Recording With Video, Mono Viewfinder/Display Screen 3″ LCD Rear Screen (921000 pixels) Connectivity/System Requirements Connectivity USB 2.0
HDMI A (Full Size)
Power Battery NP-BG1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack Physical Dimensions (WxHxD) 3.98 x 2.24 x 1.10″ / 10.1 x 5.7 x 2.8 cm Weight 6.28 oz / 178 g Camera Only